One of the most important responsibilities you have as a dog owner is to make sure your dog is properly vaccinated. Whether you’re providing a healthy beginning for your new puppy or maintaining your dog’s health, Canine Vaccinations are important.
Moreover, that’s why Hillandale Quality Feeds sells high-quality animal health products. Not only do we have the products you need, but we have the supplies needed to administer those products. Vaccines, dewormers, needles, and syringes are just a few of the health care supplies you will find at Hillandale Quality Feeds.
Regular vaccinations can prevent canine diseases.
Vaccines are an essential part of a puppy’s health care plan. Furthermore, Vaccines are essential to keep your puppy from getting sick and prevent the spread of disease.
When to Vaccinate
Puppies receive a series of 3-4 vaccinations beginning at 6-12 weeks of age.
Suggested booster shots every 12 months.
All adult dogs require annual vaccination.
As always follow a veterinarian’s orders.
In Particular, most vaccines for dogs combine protection.
Specifically, these vaccines are considered core vaccines that we recommend for puppies and dogs. Core vaccines should normally be administered to every dog.
Therefore, Vaccines for Canine Distemper, Adenovirus, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza are usually taken care of with a 5-way vaccine.
A Canine 5-Way Combination Vaccine includes the core five vaccines
1. Distemper – A viral disease usually begins as an upper respiratory infection. However, it could turn into seizures and often death. It is usually transmitted by foxes, coyotes, raccoons, and dogs.
2. Adenovirus -A serious viral disease. The virus responsible for the disease is passed in the urine and therefore, causes liver and kidney infections.
3. Adenovirus -This virus causes respiratory disease in dogs.
4. Parainfluenza -A viral disease that contributes to kennel cough. Moreover, it causes upper respiratory infection and coughing.
5. Parvovirus – A viral disease that causes severe vomiting and diarrhea for your pet because of an intestinal tract infection. The virus passes in the feces. It can be fatal.
Do not give to a pregnant dog.
Canine 9 Way
A Canine 9-Way Combination Vaccine includes the core five vaccines, in addition, it protects against four strains of Lepto.
Do not use on pregnant dogs.
Dogs contract Lepto through a break in the skin or by drinking contaminated water. Animals that carry Lepto include but are not limited to, rats, possums, raccoons, squirrels, and already infected dogs.
Limiting your animal’s access to contaminated water is the best way to avoid contracting Lepto.
Vaccinate your dogs to prevent disease
Untreated infections may lead to death.
Keep your dog home to prevent the spread of contagious diseases.
Seek veterinary care if your puppy or dog appears sick.
Only healthy animals can be vaccinated.
Serious complications from vaccines are rare, and in most cases, the benefits far outweigh the risks. Vaccines can sometimes trigger mild allergic reactions such as hives and facial swelling. Including, more severe reactions such as vomiting and fever. Please contact your vet immediately.
Do you have questions about animal health products? Contact us or stop in today. Our staff is happy to help you find the right product to fit your needs.